|Products and Services:||383|
|Articles and publications:||58|
|Tenders & Vacancies:||4|
The shipping forwarder should be dependable partner for major logistics needs, i.e if right job is done. Today in this rapidly changing world that relies on supply chain optimization, timeliness, cost efficiency, shipping exporters, and importers in the supply chain can determine the kind of freight forwarder you can select for domestic and international logistic needs.
Here are few tips you must consider when you hiring a freight delivery service
1) Understand the internal requirements – know what particularly you will require before you actually search for the freight forwarder. Determine the type of service and transport mode required for volume of consignment to be shipped. Prepare yourself before you approach the shipping service with this “help me help you” part.
2) Research the industry - know the capability of the expedited freight service provider. Understand yours and theirs responsibility. Read about regulations, blogs, industry terms, freight quotes required for the shipments.
3) Can the service handle various kinds of shipments? You may need only import by using ocean freight, but in case you require import facility from Vietnam by using air shipping. Does the shipping provider partners, have experience, technology to handle international shipments with premium security?
4) Are they experienced enough? – There are various transport modes, commodities (e.g- cars, machinery, chemicals, garments, food, hazardous, perishables, etc) regulations (BIS, ITAR, OFAC) and destinations/origin. Many truckload freight providers may not handle such combinations. Therefore, you can ask potential forwarders the amount of experience they have in various shipment types. They must have success stories if actually they have it.
5) Are they member of shipment forwarding networks or part of trade associations?- Joining freight forwarding links like the WCA requires mighty strength, integrity, operational efficiency and various needs. If the service provider is member of any reputable association, then they can handle consignments with extreme diligence and care compared to others. There are only few legitimate freight forwarding networks who actually vets their members.
6) How can they manage shipment/operations? It enables who can be the point of contact for coordinating the consignment, submitting documents or whom to ask during the problem. Will there be only 1 person to handle the shipment or dedicated persons with defined tasks for the account. Will communication take place via email, telephone or web tracking?
7) Do they have agents network in foreign lands- It can be vital for DDP, DAP, DDU shipments and even if customer overseas faces issues like customs issue, port strike and other delays. The destination agent can clear out many similar issues.
8) Put requirements of checklist- It includes all from the timeframe like objectives of delivery speed, packaging needs, commodities shipped, volume, terms of sale, etc.
9) How many service contacts critical shipment solutions has? – It is crucial when the space availability on the airline, vessel and Trucking Company becomes a concern and a alternative is required. For example: does freight shipping service has relations with Turkish Airlines, Maersk, SAIA and others? Or does the relation with other air, ocean and land carriers exist?
10) Do they have cargo insurance- It is vital input as the shipping company must issue transport insurance policies for various shipments in case of damage, loss or theft.