At times, things can get a little stressful; Jobs, family, and marital differences. Is there any one of us at some time in our life who could not have benefited from another perspective on the problems we were facing? If now is such a time for you, maybe now is the time to seek some help with your problems and begin improving your future.
Cortland Counseling is a private practice specializing in the following areas:
Family Therapy specializing in relationship issues
197 W. Main Street, Cortland, Ohio 44410
Preferred provider for all the following carriers as well as others. Otherwise, fees are most competitive.
BA Psychology - Kent State University
MSSA - Case Western Reserve University
Licensed Independent Social Worker
Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor
American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy, Clinical Member
Academy of Certified Social Workers
Symptoms of distress arise as individuals, couples, and families experience normal development stages, face special needs and problems, or confront unexpected crises. These symptoms are not always obvious, even to the trained observer. Some distress signals to look for are:
• Feelings of marital and family dissatisfaction.
• Frequent references to a child's behavior, school adjustment, or underachievement.
• Sexual problems or concerns.
• Emotional distress when talking about onces fiancee, spouse, children, parents, or other family member.
• References to feelings of loneliness, isolation, moodiness, and depression.
• Unexplained physical injuries to spouse or children.
• Repeated requests for tranquilizers, energizers, or sleeping aids.
• Repeated illnesses or non-compliance with treatment regime.
• Excessive abuse of substances such as alcohol and/or drugs.
• Repeated financial difficulties.
• Inability to set or attain goals.
• Drastic weight fluctuations and/or irregular eating patterns.
• Repeated employment difficulties, frequent job changes, and difficulty with co-workers.